Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Black Eyed Peas VS. Snow Patrol

I was in spin class today and came to a jarring realization. The Black Eyed Peas (one of my least favorite musical acts) have completely ripped off Snow Patrol (one of my favored - don't want to say favorite - musical acts). Take a listen to the very beginning (30-40 seconds or so) of both songs. The chord progression is COMPLETELY mirrored! I can be listening to the BEP song, and start singing the Snow Patrol lyrics, and vice versa. Please disregard the crappy synthesized nonsense they laid over the top of everything on the BEP song, it could lead to sterilization.

I'll give you the gross song first. I present (they wouldn't allow me to embed the video, so I took this one just for the audio), The Black Eyed Peas, performing their ripped off from Snow Patrol number, "I Gotta Feeling":




and now... for the GOOD song. Here, I offer you the lesser known, but worthy of impersonation, Snow Patrol with their smooth ass song, "Open Your Eyes".



Am I right? You know, sometimes it really does suck living up here on my high horse... it gets lonely.

REVISED 10/18/09:

So after what I thought was a stroke of genius, I was informed of this -


Harumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment