Saturday, October 3, 2009

Have you ever pt. 1

Have you ever hid behind a column, or any cylindrical monstrosity, to avoid an uncomfortable encounter/face-time with someone? It falls somewhere between humiliating, and stealth CIA-operative awesome.

I woke up this morning and picked up a bagel and coffee on my way to work. When I walked out of the bagel/coffee shop I saw one of the very few people on this planet who I never want to see... ever... let alone early on a Saturday morning after a night of restless sleep. This person was walking up from the parking lot, and my options were to walk right past them, risking the obligatory "stop and chat", or duck behind the nearest column and stake out logistics, while I formulated my master plan.

The look on my face must have been priceless. Serene, happy, and content with my Saturday morning coffee & bagel combo to BAM! WTF?!?!?! "What the hell is &%$* doing here?!?!?! Quick, duck behind the column and slowly counter their cadence with relatively small steps around the other side of said column".

Yeah, that just happened.

(my column wasn't nearly this cool, but you get the idea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment